There's so much to do in and around Marloth Park!
Our location in Marloth Park, on the Southern border of Kruger National Park affords our guests the best of both worlds – the opportunity to see and enjoy Kruger Park’s Big5 and fauna and flora, in addition to an intimate immersion in nature where you can walk/ run/ cycle on dusty roads that are used daily by our local wildlife in Marloth Park. It’s an unparalleled wild experience!
Marloth Park Activities
- Take a scenic drive along the Crocodile River – the natural border between Marloth Park and Kruger Park.
- Cycle (bicycles available on site), jog or walk along the interesting Marloth Roads.
- Local amenities include a fuel station, shops, post office, liquor stores, mini-gold and a waterpark.
- Eat out at any of Marloth Park’s lovely restaurants.
- Birdwatching is a favorite activity for many and guests at Bona Ngwenya Lodge have the added advantage of using our private hide.
- Visit Marloth Park’s very own Lionspruit Reserve – Here you stand a chance of encountering 4 of the BIG 5 and seeing a smorgasbord of birdlife.
- If you love picnics, then you should picnic along the fence along the Crocodile River, where you can enjoy sightings on both sides of the fence!
Things to do in the Area
Marloth Park’s central location affords guests a wide choice of landmarks and activities:-
- Kruger National Park is obviously at the top of the list– self-drive visits with access from either the Crocodile Bridge Gate (14 km) or the Malelane Gate (45 km).
Book a guided Safari into Kruger Park with Dennis.(Book in advance to avoid disappointment).
- Sunset and bird-watching Cruises are available on the Komati River.
- If you enjoy golfing, your choices include Skukza, Leopard Creek and Kambaku gold courses.
- Visit the Panorama Route where world-renowned sites like Bourke’s Luck Potholes and the Blyde River Canyon will take your breath away!
- Shop-a-holics are well catered for in Nelspruit’s (Mbombela) many malls.
- Nelspruit Botanical Gardens are beautiful, and in this tranquil setting, you’ll find the perfect place for a picnic.
- For avid fishermen (and women;-) Tiger Fishing excursions are offered in nearby Komatipoort.
- Barberton is worth a visit too – home to the Geo Trail, many museums, Chimp Eden and so much more!
- Our location also makes day trips to both Swaziland and Mozambique a possibility (dependent on Covid-19 border access).